This post was contributed by the awesome folks at AirVuz
Do you have a friend or loved one who is totally into drone racing or flying their drone from a first-person view (FPV)?
As millions of Americans take up drones as a hobby, many are discovering the fun of seeing what their drone sees in real time, which includes racing their drone through obstacle courses or against other drones.
For those who enjoy this particular type of drone piloting, AirVūz, the world’s largest online community for drone videos and photography, has created the ultimate list of gift ideas for this holiday season. From small items to entry-level drones for those who want to try their hand at drone racing, the list offers a wide range of gift ideas to fit just about any budget.
“From stocking stuffers to gifts costing $100 or more, we’ve got you covered,” says Tyler Mason, director of digital media for AirVūz, “We have a number of people on our staff who are totally into drone racing and FPV flying. These ideas are gifts that we would love to find under our own trees this year!”
Stocking stuffers (Holiday Gift Ideas around $5-$10 + small items)
- Battery straps for FPV racing drone — the perfect gift for the first-person view (FPV) pilot who loves drone racing.
- Lumenier propellers set of four — FPV pilots can never have too many propellers.
Holiday Gift Ideas Under $25
- AirVuz shirts and hats – with more than 1.25 million content creators and fans, AirVūz is the world’s most popular online community for drone enthusiasts. Time to join the fun.
- Turnigy Graphene 4S lipo battery — one of the more bang for buck batteries on the market.
Holiday Gift Ideas Under $50
- Gift card to GetFPV.com (various amounts) — Let the drone pilot in your life pick out his or her favorite items.
- MicroSD card for drone footage – for the drone pilot who needs a high-quality memory card for their FPV or drone racing video footage.
Holiday Gift Ideas Under $100
- TS-100 portable soldering iron — perfect for the pilot who is always needing to make repairs.
- Eachine goggles — an affordable and reliable pair of FPV goggles.
Holiday Gift Ideas Over $100
- GoPro Session 5 — perfect for the drone pilot who wants to capture their flights with a great camera.
- QuadGuard BPX3 backpack from Lowepro — the ideal backpack for pilots to carry all of their gear.
- FrSky Taranis radio controller— for the pilot who wants to upgrade their controller to a top-end model.
- Lumenier Skitzo motors (set of 4) — for the drone racing pilot who could use some new motors.
- Blade Vortex bind-and-fly mini quad— a great drone for those who want a ready-to-fly quad rather than building their own.
Brought to you by AirVuz
Since its launch in 2015, AirVūz has become the world’s leading drone video and photography sharing platform and global community for drone pilots and aerial media enthusiasts. Drone enthusiasts worldwide can upload and share videos and photos in unlimited quantity and at no cost. Site users have free access to an ever-growing library of drone media content including easily browsable categories such as travel, extreme sports, golf courses, drone racing, landmarks and more. AirVūz users also have access to original AirVūz content, including the weekly AirVūz News program, profiles of top content creators, product reviews, and how-to information for drone pilots on how to take and edit high quality drone video.
Connie Kepert says
Thanks very much for this awesome guide. I’m brand new and this was very helpful for me to get my feet on the ground with the basics. Crazy that you’re talking about hand-eye coordination – I am far from needing that, just trying to buy my first setup.